Personal Injury Lawyer in Grand Rapids, Michigan Fights for Clients
Dedicated attorney works to obtain fair compensation for negligence victims
Suffering an injury caused by another’s negligence could trigger financial hardship. You might need an accomplished lawyer to help you deal with medical bills, income missed while out of work and other expenses linked to medical treatment. The Fiorletta Law Group, PLLC in Grand Rapids has been in practice for more than three decades, effectively representing clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Proven litigator outlines legal elements needed to win damages
Working with a seasoned personal injury lawyer helps you understand what type of reimbursement you should expect and the likelihood of success if you file a lawsuit. I will go over the facts in your case and advise if your potential claim has the following necessary legal elements:
- Duty of care — To succeed on a negligence claim, the defendant must have owed a duty of care to the plaintiff at the time the injury occurred. For example, a driver is responsible for operating a vehicle safely in order to protect others on the road. While a property owner owes a duty of care to someone invited onto the premises, a trespasser who gets hurt in the same location would not be able to collect damages.
- Negligence that is the proximate cause of the injury — If a business or individual breaches their duty by failing to act with the care you would expect a reasonable person to demonstrate, they can be liable for any injury that results. This is true as long as the violation is the proximate cause of the injury.
- Damages — Michigan law authorizes plaintiffs to recover economic damages to reimburse them for medical bills, rehabilitation expenses and lost income incurred as a consequence of the defendant’s negligence. Certain types of non-economic damages are also available, such as compensation for pain and suffering.
There’s a three-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Michigan, but my firm is ready to help right now and will battle to maximize your compensation whether it comes through a judgment or settlement.
Firm handles cases arising from vehicle accidents, falls and dog bites
My firm represents victim and their families in litigation stemming from all types of injuries caused by negligence, including cases arising from:
- Vehicle accidents — Whether you got hurt in a vehicle rollover or some other type of auto accident, I have the skill and experience to represent you effectively in lawsuit or insurance claim. I also handle truck and motorcycle collision cases.
- Slip and fall incidents — A property owner who is not vigilant about an unsafe walking surface could be legally responsible for a slip and fall injury to a guest.
- Dog bites — In most situations, Michigan pet owners are liable for the damage caused when their dog bites someone else.
- Defective products — If you were injured due to a product that does not work correctly, my firm will aim to hold the negligent manufacturer responsible.
- Pedestrian injuries — I assist pedestrians who are seeking relief after being struck by a motor vehicle.
Building the strongest possible argument means assembling detailed, well-supported evidence regarding the harm suffered by the victim. My firm consults with doctors and other experts when necessary to present information about traumatic brain injuries, burns, spinal cord damage, broken bones, neck injuries and other medical conditions, including instances of catastrophic harm. I also advocate on behalf of estate representatives in wrongful death litigation so that family members can obtain some financial relief after a victim’s life ends due to someone else’s carelessness or intentional act.
Contact a responsive Michigan personal injury lawyer to set up a free consultation
The Fiorletta Law Group, PLLC in Grand Rapids represents Michigan residents in personal injury cases. Please call 616-717-1334 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation.