Grand Rapids Family Law Attorney Provides Comprehensive Assistance
Michigan firm offers legal counsel for divorce, child custody and support issues
Since 1991, clients throughout Western Michigan have relied on The Fiorletta Law Group, PLLC to guide through a wide array of family law challenges. As a Grand Rapids family law attorney, I deliver sound advice and advocacy on divorce, child support, custody and other domestic legal concerns. No matter what you’re facing, I’ll stand up for your rights and interests so that you can emerge from a tough time on a solid financial and emotional footing.
Western Michigan attorney advises on property division and alimony matters
Unlike some other types of legal matters, parties in a family law case usually don’t walk away from each other once a result is reached. How you handle one of these situations might affect you and those you care about most for years to come. Accordingly, choosing the right attorney to represent you is essential. For more than three decades, I have helped Michigan residents accomplish their objectives relating to:
- Divorce — As an accomplished matrimonial litigator, I guide clients through the divorce process. Whether they require assistance with a quickly negotiated settlement or skillful representation in court, my firm works diligently to safeguard the interests of Michigan spouses and their children.
- Property division — Breaking financial ties can be an added burden on top of the emotional pain that accompanies the end of a marriage. When appropriate, my firm seeks to reach consensus on the division of marital assets and debts. If a fair result can’t be reached, I will make a thorough argument on your behalf for an appropriate outcome under the state’s equitable distribution standard.
- Child custody and visitation — By working closely with divorcing parents to understand the specific needs of their children, my firm looks to develop child custody and visitation arrangements that provide a supportive environment for young people and preserve parent-child bonds.
- Alimony — In families where one spouse earns most or all of the income, a divorce can put the other spouse in a desperate financial position. I counsel individuals who are seeking alimony as well as those who are being asked to provide it. After explaining the factors used in spousal support determinations, my firm will help you make an informed choice on how to proceed. From there, I work diligently to secure a resolution that you can live with.
- Child support — Regardless of whether they are divorcing or never were married, both parents are required by law to help support their child financially. From the start, I advise clients regarding the formula used as a guideline within the state and address particular concerns about matters such as education costs and payment for extracurricular activities. Should a problem arise relating to nonpayment or hiding income, my firm takes prompt, aggressive action. I also assist clients when a significant financial change warrants an adjustment to the child support rate.
- Collaborative divorce — During the collaborative divorce process, spouses and their lawyers join together and work from the same set of facts in order to reach consensus on spousal support, custody and property division terms. This might make the dissolution of your marriage less expensive and stressful.
Don’t hesitate to the get a knowledgeable perspective on your situation. Whether you’re just starting the legal process or intend to seek a modification of an existing order due to a substantial change in circumstances, my firm is ready to provide highly professional representation.
Contact a knowledgeable Western Michigan family lawyer to set up a free consultation
The Fiorletta Law Group, PLLC advises Michigan clients on a full range of family law matters, including divorces, custody disputes and child support issues. Please call 616-717-1334 or contact me online for a free initial consultation. My office is located in Grand Rapids.